Hi! My name is Angela and I am so glad you’ve found you’re way to Setting My Intention. Here are some basic facts about me:
- I’m a wife (we’ll be married 18 years this year)
- mom of three boys (ages 15, 13, and 7)
- work part-time outside the home
- I’m a West Coast girl who felt called to the East Coast back in 1995 and stayed.
- I love to read, write, run (this is a relatively new joy), sit by the ocean, and spend time as a family outdoors.
- I became a follower of Jesus in my junior year of college in February 1993. I haven’t turned back since. I’m a Christian, but this isn’t a blog specifically geared towards Christians. This blog will be about universal topics that Christians and non-Christians alike are struggling with and gaining ground in.
The title of the blog is inspired by my sporadic but beloved yoga practice. Often a yoga class will begin with the instructor inviting us to “set an intention” for our yoga practice that day. An intention will be different for each person and can vary depending on the day or the season of life that a person is in. It can be a word, a picture, a prayer.
2015 set me on a journey to be more intentional about simplifying and establishing healthy habits. I started with decluttering my physical space as a first step – but not the last. I’m clearing the physical, mental, and emotional clutter so I can discover what is truly important to me.
I write here to keep myself accountable and to encourage others in making small steps toward change.
You won’t find me writing from the stance of an expert who has everything figured out, but as a woman trying to find what works for her and her family.
I share my successes and failures in the hope that it might help someone else along the way. I want the readers of my blog to feel less alone in their messes (wherever those may be) as I reveal aspects of my messy life. My mantra is progress, not perfection.
I’ll be posting 1-2 times a week and sharing before and after pictures of my weekly projects when applicable.
I love to hear what hasn’t worked and what is working for you. Send me an email (settingmyintention [at] gmail [dot] com). I’d love to hear from you!
FREE 7 Day Decluttering Course
If you want a SLOW but STEADY method to declutter this year, this is the course for you! Sign up for seven days of:
- Step-by-step guidance
- Tools and
- Renewed motivation to declutter at your own pace. Find what works for you!