I’ve been writing down monthly intentions or goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits.
Recap of Intentions in November
Things that were challenging in November: tracking expenses, 1:1 dates with my sons, getting at least six hours of sleep, working in the basement with my husband.
Things that went well in November: my morning routine, making our bed, keeping my gratitude journal, date nights, and running or doing a fitness video.
Intentions for the Holidays
Happy Holidays friends! I hope that you had a lovely Thanksgiving. We celebrated as a nuclear family for the first time this year. It was lovely…and a little lonely if I’m completely honest. We’ve been used to loud and large gatherings of family, friends, and friends of friends in the past. I’m glad we did what we felt was right for us this year. It may not be right next year, but we would have never known if we hadn’t tried it. And now I know that we can pull a full (and edible) Thanksgiving meal off as a family!
Now my heart turns to Advent and Christmas, pondering and planning how we can celebrate in a meaningful way as a nuclear family and with extended family this Christmas. We have some traditions and are open to new ones that help focus on relationships versus things. We’ve started reading and coloring through Ann Voskamp’s Advent book under dim lights and the lit advent candle for a brief time after dinner.
What are your intentions for the holidays?
November’s Top 3 List:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN NOVEMBER:
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
- The Secret to Decluttering
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN NOVEMBER:
- Finishing and releasing my first eBook, How to Start When You Feel Stuck. If you want a free sample chapter, I’d love to send it to you. Sign up here:
- Our intentionally quiet and intimate Thanksgiving this year.
- My oldest son being old enough to be in charge while we go on a date. We’ve started taking short, nearby dates, putting my oldest son in charge while we are gone. He’s done great and welcomed the responsibility (and freedom)! It’s definitely made it easier to get those 1:1 times with my husband scheduled in.
- Date night with hubby- this may even become a twice a month thing now that we can use my oldest son as the babysitter! We’ve also starting streaming $1 movies through VidAngel . We used to use Redbox, but the convenience of not having to go out of the house to return the movie, is awesome.
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some monthly intentions that you have for December?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.
FREE 7 Day Decluttering Course
If you want a SLOW but STEADY method to declutter this year, this is the course for you! Sign up for seven days of:
- Step-by-step guidance
- Tools and
- Renewed motivation to declutter at your own pace. Find what works for you!