We got the ugly cabinet out of our half bath! I threw out a lot of what was in the cabinet when I decluttered it, but found new homes for useful things such as the hydrogen peroxide, a few vases, and our Happy Birthday sign that goes up whenever there’s a birthday around here.
There was still a lot of things though that needed a home in the downstairs bath. Now that there is no cabinet, it was time to start thinking about organizing under the bathroom sink!
I decided to keep three out of the numerous vases that I unearthed. One of the things that I’m attempting to do in this decluttering process is to actually use the things I decide to keep. If it is important enough to take space, I need to be using it. With that in mind, I decided to get some fresh flowers at Trader Joes when my son and I did the grocery shopping this week. Here’s what we picked out:
What did I do with all the stuff?
- I consolidated the light bulbs and gave them a new home in the upstairs linen closet.
- I threw out some candles and consolidated the ones I wanted to keep.
- I took the holiday decorations upstairs to our third floor storage closet.
- I decided to keep the Swiffer pads and actually used three of them cleaning the floors with my feet. I sprayed some cleaner on the floor and stepped on the Swiffer pad “skating” back and forth to clean the floor – putting stuff to use and getting some exercise! A win-win!
Taking advantage of vertical space
I usually like to repurpose decluttered items, like I did with our bookshelves. However, I didn’t have anything on hand that would help me take advantage of the vertical space in the cabinet. I decided to order this under the sink organizer (*affiliate link, please see below). It’s awesome!
I put the vases, some cleaning products and the toilet paper on the top shelf, and all of my personal care products in the lower slide out shelf. The other side of the cabinet has the candles, Swiffer pads, and some other cleaning products. Everything fits!
Have you found anything interesting and put it to use (like my vases) while decluttering this week?
*This is an affiliate link, which means that at no additional cost to you, if you purchase this item, I may get a small percentage of the sale if you buy through these links. Thanks for your support!
This is being linked up to these fabulous parties: Pick Your Pin Tuesday
FREE 7 Day Decluttering Course
If you want a SLOW but STEADY method to declutter this year, this is the course for you! Sign up for seven days of:
- Step-by-step guidance
- Tools and
- Renewed motivation to declutter at your own pace. Find what works for you!