If you’ve found your way here (and I’m SO glad you did), you are probably:
- Overwhelmed by all the “stuff” in your home that has slowly built up over time
- Spending a lot of time sorting, tidying, and cleaning during your free time – but feeling frustrated because that’s not how you want to spend that time
- Struggling with letting go of things – but you know that letting go of clutter creates the order and calm that you really crave
- Ready to start making simple changes in your home and your life, but you’re not exactly sure where to start.
That’s exactly why Setting My Intention exists. To encourage you to clear the clutter, find joy in your daily life, and live a slow, intentional and meaningful life.
I’m Angela, a woman on the simplifying journey with you. My passion is to share the realistic experiences and practical lessons that I am discovering from clearing physical, mental, and emotional clutter.
I help women who are overwhelmed feel less alone. I encourage women by sharing step by step methods that are simple and will help you get started. The motto around here is Progress, not Perfection.
2015 was the year I started setting intentions to simplify my life. I’m a wife and mom and we have three beautiful boys. This is us:
When my youngest started school full-time, I found I had extra time in my schedule. I was so excited! I had visions of getting together with friends, learning new skills, volunteering my time with the children’s schools and other organizations that are important to me.
That excitement quickly turned to discouragement. All that extra time? Instead of volunteering or getting lost in a good book, I found myself
- wrestling Mount Laundry (and losing every time!)
- finally seeing all the clutter that was piled up and shoved into closets…and feeling utterly overwhelmed.
- determined to clean, but spending so much time picking things up off the floors and countertops first, that I lost the motivation and energy to actually clean (the kids toys with small parts were one of the first things to go!)
A lot of progress has been made since 2015. I started blogging as a way to keep myself accountable. One week I would post a BEFORE photo of an area I was working on, then the following week I posted an AFTER photo. I didn’t just declutter to finish the project – I listened to the internal excuses popping up and gently addressed them.
It was and still is a a process. Two years in and we are far from done…but things are so much better. Progress is being made every day. Shifts in the way we let things in and let things go are happening in our relationship with our stuff.
Where to Start
Decluttering our physical space does eventually lead to changes in other areas as well – clarity in thinking, attention to our physical, spiritual and mental well-being, and implementing simple household systems.
- To read more about Decluttering (including some very revealing before and after photos), click HERE.
- To read about Meal Planning for beginners (including FREE printables to get your started), click HERE.
- To read about Setting Monthly Goals or Intentions, click HERE.
- To read a series of Simple Living Interviews (and advice on how to get started), click HERE.
For all of this goodness in one place, check out my eBook How to Start when You Feel Stuck.
Ways to Stay Connected
Thanks for stopping by!
Before you leave, make sure to sign up for my email list. Friends on my list have access to our VIP Library full of free printables and resources. You can sign up for that HERE.
Or sign up for my FREE 7 day email course on the Slow but Steady Way to Declutter Your Home. Just click the image below:
P.S. I’m always curious to know what brought you here and how I can help. Let me know in the comments below what you’re most interested in reading about here at Setting My Intention!
Get the motivation and resources to live a simple, purposeful life.
For exclusive access to our FREE VIP Resource Library, subscribe today! You'll find the tools you need to simplify your daily tasks and create a vision for your life.