I’ve been writing down monthly intentions or goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits. Here are my monthly intentions for June.
Recap of Intentions in May
May seems to have come and gone so quickly. I’m not sure where the time went, and if I’m perfectly honest, most of my routines were off this month. I would say that all of my routines were more challenging in May – except making the bed! I kept that up almost every day this month.
In June, I want to get back on track. It’s a new month and new resolve with it!
New Tagline on Setting My Intention
You may have noticed a new “tagline” on my social media channels this past month. A tagline is the sentence or phrases under a blog’s name that usually summarizes what a blog is about.
When I started blogging two years ago, my tagline was “Simplifying life one step at a time.” It perfectly summarized my intention for the blog at the time. I really wasn’t sure what the steps were going to be when I started blogging, but I knew the first step was decluttering.
Two years later and I have more clarity on what this blog is about:
- It continues to be about decluttering physical belongings, but it’s also about decluttering our schedules and our minds.
- It’s about creating space in our homes and our schedules so we can try new things curiously and see what “sparks joy” in our daily lives.
- It’s about doing less of the urgent and nonessential things, so that we can slow down and really focus our time and energy on what is important and most valuable to us.
I write “we” here because I’m including you – the reader – in this journey. If you have been reading this blog, then I know you’re also interested in these topics, and I’m so grateful that you’re working through these steps as well.
So the new tagline is Setting My Intention: Clearing Clutter. Finding Joy. Living Slow.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
May’s Top 3 List:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN MAY:
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
- Meal Planning for Beginners
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN MAY:
- My youngest son is playing rookie baseball for the first time and loving it! My heart is so happy when one of my sons finds something they are passionate about.
- Steady work for my husband throughout the month
- Time outside hiking and camping with my family.
Monthly Intentions for June:
- Daily bible reading from The Daily Message.
- Pray for my husband, children, and loved ones daily using the scripture God has given me.
- Take at least 3 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation for 12 minutes.
- Finish In Praise of Slowness by Carl Honore
- Track my time for the week as suggested in 168 Hours in order to make tweaks to my schedule according to my highest priorities. (Why am I resisting this so much? I think it’s because it’s so detailed and I’m not excited about tracking what I do every 30 minutes. BUT- I do think it would be helpful to have that snapshot so I’m putting this on again as a goal for June.)
- Going out with friends at least once a month.
- Intentional movement 5 days of the week (running or HIIT video at least 2 of those days).
- As the weather warms up I’m hoping to start running again.
- Be in bed by 11pm. Sleep at least 6 hours a night, with 7 hours being ideal.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily each evening.
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights (get FREE Meal Planning printables)
- Declutter the remaining two closets.
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement (with or without) hubby on Sunday evenings when I put in a load of laundry.
- Budget and track daily expenses with the You Need a Budget program. Meet weekly with my husband, and talk about money as well as business and home stuff for the upcoming week.
WRITING & BLOGGING:
Elite Blog Academy (EBA) has been my main blogging course that I’ve been going through all year. It’s been instrumental in giving me direction and guidance every step of the way.
EBA only goes on sale once a year. If you’re interested in starting or refining your blog, the EBA Blog Structure Blueprint is a must have! You can download it immediately when you sign up for the wait list HERE.
- Post at least once a week (ideally twice) on my blog for June
- Write 500 words at least 3 times a week
- Write one guest post for June, featuring ideas from my eBook
- Figure out FB ads to let more people know about my FREE 7 Day Decluttering eCourse. (still figuring this out!)
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby.
If you can’t get out of the house for date nights, check out VidAngel . You can stream movies for $1. We used to use Redbox, but the convenience of not having to go out of the house to return the movie, is super convenient.
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some monthly intentions that you have for June?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.
Get the motivation and resources to live a simple, purposeful life.
For exclusive access to our FREE VIP Resource Library, subscribe today! You'll find the tools you need to simplify your daily tasks and create a vision for your life.