A new year! Since I’ve been writing and reflecting on monthly goals for a few months now, new years resolutions don’t seem as important to make. This whole blog is about developing and maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly habits which I’ll continue to try to maintain in 2016. There is one new habit that I’ll be adding in 2016 which I’ll write about soon.
How Did I do on December Goals?
- I have yet to wake up early enough every morning to do my morning routine before the kids wake up. I’m fine with that, although I won’t give up trying!
- I didn’t visit any small groups, but plan to try again in January!
- We celebrated Advent with our Advent candles and short daily readings from an Advent calendar I made several years ago. We celebrated with both sides of family – Christmas Eve with my husband’s family and Christmas with my sister and her family. We were missing my sister and mom, but grateful for extended cousin time!
- I’m maintaining my fitness activities – running on my days off and walking 2 miles on days that I work. I just did a kettlebell video that I have recently and I was sore for days!
- I’m sleeping 6 hours a night, but my schedule is really off because we’ve been on vacation mode. I’ve been staying up too late and getting up in the mornings too late. Time to get back on track in January!
- My husband and I actually had 2 date nights in December! Woo hoo! We did a babysitting exchange again with my brother-in-law and then had another date night when we were at my sisters.
- Meal plans – check! They’re nothing fancy, but they’re planned ahead of time and it reduces so much stress.
- I haven’t done as much decluttering in December due to the holidays and traveling, but I decluttered our ornaments and Christmas decorations as we unpacked and packed them back up again.
- I posted 7 times in December. I took a break from the blog during Christmas and it helped me enjoy the celebrations we had at the end of the year.
- I went to my midwife for my annual well woman appointment and got the prescription for my mammogram – it’s scheduled for next week!
Monthly Goals for January
- Continue to follow my 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
- Pray for my husband and children daily using these prayer calendars
- Ask God for specific verses to pray for my husband and children individually (NEW)
- Take 10 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Check out a small group in our church.
- Exercise 5 days (running at least 2 of those days).
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- Maintaining the decluttered areas
- Painting one of the boys’ bedrooms. I have the paint – I just have to do it! (NEW)
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby. We’re planning on tackling the basement with renewed vigor in the new year. Stay tuned!
- Get organized with a blogging editorial calendar for the month! (NEW)
- Post at least twice a week on my blog
- Develop longer pieces I’m working on to submit to various online sites (NEW)
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some goals that you have for January?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.