OCTOBER GOALS: How Did I Do?
Setting monthly goals is a habit that I am developing. I started last month and this is my first update!
I’m not keeping exact track of the days when I didn’t wake up early or exercise 5 days a week. I know in general I’m doing them more than not. That’s good enough for me personally right now. Eventually I may keep a chart just out of curiosity, but I want to keep a posture of grace rather than legalism.
- I do know that I slept at least 6 hours every night in October except one.
- I’ve meal planned each week through October.
- I did do a mini-decluttering project: our nightstands.
- I did NOT do much work in the basement. My husband has started a project with the boys which I love. The project makes a bit of a mess, which I don’t love.
- Screen Free Sundays has been relaxed a bit since school started. Our family has a no video game/screens (except what is necessary for school projects) during the week so we’ve allowed them some time on screens on Sunday afternoons.
- I posted 2x/week for 3 out of 4 weeks in October.
- I finished my pin descriptions! I’ve learned my lesson and will be adding a pin description with each new pin I add from my blog.
- Hubby and I DID NOT get a “get out of the house” date night in October. We’ll have to make that a priority for November – and write it down on the calendar!
- We did have our 1:1 times with our sons.
- I got my haircut!
- My optometrist appointment is scheduled for the first week of November after being rescheduled a few times already!
- Continue to follow my 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
- Pray for my husband and children using these prayer calendars
- Take 10 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Exercise 5 days (running at least 2 of those days). I’m running an 8K on 11/21 with a few friends so I need to up the running a bit.
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- One mini decluttering project
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby
- Participate in the 30 day minimalism game as a family. (I’d love for you to join me! There are several other bloggers doing this as well. Read the post to find out how to join the Facebook group!
- Post at least twice a week on my blog
- One guest post for the month on another person’s blog
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Figure out how to use Ahalogy and Tailwind. If you’re a blogger and you have great tips on either (especially Ahalogy) please let me know in the comments! I will be so grateful!
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
- Self-care: schedule my annual mammogram
If I don’t write these self-care “to do’s” down, they will continually be pushed to the bottom of the list in the midst of all the other “to do’s”. I know other moms will know what I’m talking about!
What are some goals that you have for November?
This post will be shared at these fabulous link-ups.