The Liebster Award
I was nominated for a Liebster Award! What’s that you say? It’s a nomination given to smaller bloggers by other smaller bloggers . It’s a fun way to be recognized and acknowledge other bloggers, as well as help readers discover great content as well!
I was nominated by Pamela over on Home on the Corner. I accept Pamela! She and her daughter Lauren write about crafts, creative and frugal decorating, and decluttering/organizing (you know I love that!). Stop by their blog and visit. I’m sure you’ll find some great ideas.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions for me:
1. If you could go on a month long vacation anywhere, where would you go?
Just the thought of a month long vacation relaxes me! I would definitely go to a warm area with a beach – I’ve heard amazing things about Thailand.
2. Who is a blogger who inspires you?
Brooke McAlary, at Slow Your Home, who is a mom who writes about simplifying and slowing down. She recently decided to step away from her blog because her life wasn’t reflecting her values. I truly admire her integrity in that decision. She also has wonderful, compassionate advice about decluttering and slowing down.
3. What is your favorite summer activity (examples: reading a book, camping, blogging)?
My favorite thing about summer is the slower pace. My favorite things to do are reading, going to the beach, grilling, and planning (and going on) family trips.
4. What is your guilty pleasure song?
We were just talking about how our guilty pleasure is listening to children’s music that our kids have outgrown! Laurie Berkner is a favorite of ours.
5. Do you have a favorite post from your own blog?
My favorite post is how 5 minutes can be life changing. I’m a big believer in making small changes slowly. It adds up!
6. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?
I would probably say…Johnny Depp. I’ve had a hopeless crush on him since I was a teenager. I could say because I’m impressed with his body of work, but honestly, I’m just drawn to his mysterious air and good looks!
7. Do you own any pets? If so, what kind of animals?
We have a cat named Annabelle (you can see her in some of my photos on the blog!) and a turtle named Torty. My sons are desperately trying to sway me to get a dog. I’m not convinced yet.
8. How did you decide to start a blog?
I’ve been consuming blogs and podcasts on minimalism and simplifying for several months. I felt frustrated that the bloggers were so far down the road already. I really wanted to hear from someone who was in the process of decluttering in the present with before and after pictures – the good, the bad, and the ugly. I decided I would document my process for others. I hope it is encouraging.
9. What’s your favorite ice cream?
Mint Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter and Chocolate
10. If you had a night out, what activities would you do?
I would probably go out to eat and try to get together with some friends to catch up.
11. Do you have a favorite quote or saying?
My personal saying right now is “progress, not perfection”. We can get easily discouraged when we aim for perfection in our goals or tasks. Let’s be satisfied with forward movement, even when small.
Here are my questions for the nominees:
1. When did you start blogging and why?
2. When you’re not blogging, what would we find you doing?
3. What book are you currently reading?
4. What’s your favorite food?
5. What’s your favorite way to exercise and get movement in your day?
6. How do you relieve stress?
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
8. What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
9. If you were gifted $150, how would you treat yourself?
10. What is your favorite quote or saying?
11. What quality or characteristic do you most love about yourself?
Thank you Pamela for the nomination! This was a lot of fun. I hope my nominees accept the award – I can’t wait to see your answers!
Lisa @ Try A Simple Life says
Thank you Angela! I accept and will work on my response and nominations!
Great, Lisa! I look forward to reading them!
You are so sweet! Thank you Angela! I accept but I’m not sure where to write my answers?
Hi Diona! You create a new post on your own blog with the questions and your answers. Then come up with your own questions and nominate up to 11 other bloggers. Email me if you other questions!
Diona @ All Day Everyday Mom says
Love your questions for us!
Thanks so much Angela! I’m thrilled to pieces to be nominated! I feel like Ive won an Oscar! But, I will spare y’all the long speech!
You bet Melinda! I’m excited to read your “speech” when you answer the questions! 🙂
Pamela Smith says
Yeah! So fun to read your answers! My younger daughter is also a huge Johnny Depp fan! We just repainted her room and she has a whole wall dedicated to that special pirate! I’m so glad we could ‘meet’ and help to support each other. I hope this helps our blogs continue to grow!
Me too Pamela! Alas, my affection for Johnny Depp hasn’t gone away…although it has died down significantly!
Thanks Angela! I accepted and posted my answers.
Awesome! Thanks for nominating me. Will get on this soon 🙂
No rush! I really enjoyed looking around your blog!
I just loved your answers and for the first time I get to know that there are these kinds of awards also.
Thanku so much for sharing at Confession link party.
Can you also help me to get nominated for this award ?
I started blogging in June itself.
Looking for help 🙁
Hi Ritu! Thanks for coming by! I would recommend contacting the blogs I nominated and asking them to visit your site – I’m sure they would be happy to take a look. I know I was looking for people to nominate when I was getting my post ready. Best of luck!
Congrats on the award! It’s always nice to learn a little bit more about the blogger. Thanks for sharing. #ConfessionsLinkUp
Thank you Amy!
Thanks so much for nominating me, Angela! Though it took awhile among all of my summer work and vacations, I finally had time to answer your questions! It was really fun, thanks for sending it my way! Here’s my post if you’d like to read the answers:
I love getting to know you a little better Hannah! Thanks for participating!
I just got a referral from your site today. Thanks!