I love reading any summer bucket list. It’s fun to read how people are going to intentionally set aside time to have fun with their families. I’ve never actually written one down for our family until today. I’m learning the power of writing intentions down – things that get written down usually get done. If it stays in my head, it usually doesn’t.
These are things I’d like to do with the family outside of our daily and weekly summer rhythm.
Our Summer Bucket List:
- Blueberry picking. We’re just finishing up our frozen blueberries from last summer. They lasted the whole year!
- Biking. Our youngest still needs training wheels, so we were thinking of getting a tagalong so we can all bike as a family together. Getting him riding independently might be a goal for us this summer.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) and Kayaking. I learned last summer that one of local gardens on the river has SUP and kayaking. We’re definitely doing this this summer!
- Camping. Probably just for a weekend at a nearby campground. We’re not the most experienced tent campers, but I loved the experience as a kid and want my children to enjoy it as well.
- Geocaching. We haven’t done this yet but have heard enthusiastic things about it.
- Use our slip and slide that a friend gave us several years ago! I remember using one of these as a kid – they were so much fun! One thing I’ll have to remember to do is make sure there are no rocks underneath the slip and slide. I remember sliding on top of rocks as a kid too and that wasn’t fun!
- Make homemade sidewalk chalk
- Go to a baseball game. Minor league maybe?
- Make ice cream in a coffee can. Have you heard about this? I have never done this, but it looks like a lot of fun. We don’t have an ice cream maker, so this will be a fun way to make homemade ice cream. I’ll have to find someone who uses coffee cans and ask them to pass them along to us! Here’s a tutorial we’ll probably try.
- Sushi nights. Our good friends used to switch from weekly pizza nights to sushi nights over the summer. Our kids love seaweed and rice, but we haven’t made sushi with them. I’d like to make this a regular meal over the summer – and encourage them to add something besides rice in the middle!
- Attend a state fair in PA
Do you have a summer bucket list, in your head or written down? I’d love to hear a couple of them in the comments!
This post will be shared at these lovely weekly link ups.