I love reading any summer bucket list. It’s fun to read how people are going to intentionally set aside time to have fun with their families. I’ve never actually written one down for our family until today. I’m learning the power of writing intentions down – things that get written down usually get done. If it stays in my head, it usually doesn’t.
These are things I’d like to do with the family outside of our daily and weekly summer rhythm.
Our Summer Bucket List:
- Blueberry picking. We’re just finishing up our frozen blueberries from last summer. They lasted the whole year!
- Biking. Our youngest still needs training wheels, so we were thinking of getting a tagalong so we can all bike as a family together. Getting him riding independently might be a goal for us this summer.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) and Kayaking. I learned last summer that one of local gardens on the river has SUP and kayaking. We’re definitely doing this this summer!
- Camping. Probably just for a weekend at a nearby campground. We’re not the most experienced tent campers, but I loved the experience as a kid and want my children to enjoy it as well.
- Geocaching. We haven’t done this yet but have heard enthusiastic things about it.
- Use our slip and slide that a friend gave us several years ago! I remember using one of these as a kid – they were so much fun! One thing I’ll have to remember to do is make sure there are no rocks underneath the slip and slide. I remember sliding on top of rocks as a kid too and that wasn’t fun!
- Make homemade sidewalk chalk
- Go to a baseball game. Minor league maybe?
- Make ice cream in a coffee can. Have you heard about this? I have never done this, but it looks like a lot of fun. We don’t have an ice cream maker, so this will be a fun way to make homemade ice cream. I’ll have to find someone who uses coffee cans and ask them to pass them along to us! Here’s a tutorial we’ll probably try.
- Sushi nights. Our good friends used to switch from weekly pizza nights to sushi nights over the summer. Our kids love seaweed and rice, but we haven’t made sushi with them. I’d like to make this a regular meal over the summer – and encourage them to add something besides rice in the middle!
- Attend a state fair in PA
Do you have a summer bucket list, in your head or written down? I’d love to hear a couple of them in the comments!
This post will be shared at these lovely weekly link ups.
chelsea finn says
Aw! This sounds like such a lovely bucket list for the summer! I’ve been meaning to go blueberry picking the last few years, this year I have to actually do it!
I’m going to put it on our calendar Chelsea – or else it won’t happen!
We went geocaching as a date night a couple years ago and had a lot of fun. Our kids were too little to enjoy it, but it’d be a great activity for your crew!
That is very cool Abby. I only know just a little bit about it, but am excited to try it out!
Hi Angela, I actually have already gone blueberry picking this summer for the first time!
Now, I plan to take my grand daughter! I can’t wait!
Also, I updated my awards page. I had your URL on that, but now I’ve made it an active link!
That’s great Melinda! We just went this past weekend and picked 15 lbs!
Such fun listed here. From Over the Moon Link party.
Thanks Michelle! Have a wonderful summer with your grandkids!
Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled says
I’ve never heard of ice cream in a coffee can. Will have to look into that! Your list seems very doable. Enjoy your summer and thanks for linking up with Funtastic Friday.
Thanks Victoria – you too! I finally got one of my coffee cans so we’re almost ready to try it!
Oooh, I had never heard of SUP before but I’m definitely going to see if it is offered anywhere in our area. Thanks for the awesome new idea and thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!
Hi Marie – yes, SUP is so fun. We did it in California when we visited family. It’s also not as hard as it sounds. Let me know if you find somewhere to try it!
Jenny @ Women With Intention says
Featuring you tomorrow at Women With Intention Wednesdays! 🙂 Thanks for linking up!
Thanks for the feature Jenny. There are always such great posts on your link up
Mother of 3 says
I was looking forward to blueberry picking this year but the caterpillars have eaten them all!! I figured at least we got to go strawberry picking…
Oh strawberries! We’ve never done strawberries, but we did just go blueberry picking and got 15 lbs of blueberries!
Danita Carr says
How fun! Love your ideas, and I love that they so affordable! Thanks for sharing at #SmallVictories
Thanks Danita! Thank you for being one of the hosts for such a great party!