I’ve been writing down monthly goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits.
RECAP OF GOALS IN June
Things that were challenging in June: tracking expenses for our budget, running twice a week, decluttering in our basement, and our 1:1 dates with our sons.
Things that went well in June: my morning routine, making our bed, keeping my gratitude journal, and getting at least six hours of sleep.
This wasn’t necessarily a goal for June, but it happened as a result of going through a course called Goals with Grace: I have become a morning person. Anyone who knows me will be surprised by this information. I love to sleep in and I love to stay up late.
Yet as I was writing out my priorities, I realized that the way I spent my time was not aligning with my highest priorities. Blogging was taking up a lot of time, especially in the evenings and when I would ideally be spending time with my family.
The solution? Get up in the morning and do my writing and blogging then. The family is still asleep and I’m able to focus without guilt during those morning hours. I’ve been getting up between 5:30 and 6:00 each morning, doing my morning routine and writing or blogging until I have to get ready for work.
June’S TOP 3 LIST:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN June
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
- Decluttering Negative Self Talk
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN June
- My oldest son graduating from middle school
- The opportunity to work full-time for the summer. Although it threw a kink in my plans for fun summer outings with the kids during the week, it’s definitely helpful for our family.
- Finally writing out my priorities and writing a mission statement from those priorities.
MONTHLY GOALS FOR JUly
- Finish my 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan and begin daily reading from The Daily Message
- Pray for my husband, children, and loved ones daily
- Continue to ask God for specific verses to pray for my husband and children individually
- Take at least 3 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Intentional movement 5 days of the week (running at least 2 of those days).
- Be in bed by 11pm. Sleep at least 6 hours a night, with 7 hours being ideal.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily each evening.
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- Maintaining the decluttered areas
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby.
- Budget and track daily expenses using the free EveryDollar app.
- Continue with a blogging editorial calendar for the month! The Elite Blog Academy has been super helpful in helping organize all my ideas so that my editorial calendar is a cinch to plan.
- Post at least once a week on my blog for the summer (UPDATED)
- Write 500 words a day (NEW)
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some goals that you have for July?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.