I’ve been writing down monthly goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits.
RECAP OF GOALS IN JULY
Things that were challenging in July: running twice a week, decluttering in our basement, submitting to HuffPost (I’m going to use these monthly posts as a cue to submit a post to them), and meal planning. My husbands been doing great making the meals during the week that we normally have, but we haven’t been planning them.
Things that went well in July: tracking expenses for our budget (I’ve gotten back on the wagon!), my morning routine, making our bed, keeping my gratitude journal, and getting at least six hours of sleep.
The Productive Morning
Last month I wrote about how I’ve become a morning person. lt came about almost suddenly as I was convicted about the way my time wasn’t aligning with my highest priorities. Goals with Grace helped me to write out those priorities and I’m working on writing out my action steps to achieve the goals that I have for the mornings.
One of the hard parts of the morning is figuring out how to get everything done that I want to get done. I always put my time with God first, but after that I want to fit in exercise, working on my first e-book, writing a blog posts, as well as just doing 500 words of writing practice. It doesn’t all fit into 2 hours.
Any morning people have any advice for me? I think the trick is going to be planning certain days for taking a morning run (I can’t run at any other time in the summer because I’m such a wimp against the humidity), writing the e-book, certain days writing blog posts, and certain days doing the 500 words of writing practice (which ideally should be every day).
July was a slower month for the summer as I tried to balance working full time, writing, and family time. August will probably be slow too. We’re going to take a week vacation to a friends cabin and I plan on being offline except for sharing the occasional photo. I know September will be busy so I’m enjoying the lazy days of summer without a strict schedule.
JULY’S TOP 3 LIST:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN JULY
- How to go from Poor to Rich in Just One Day
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN JULY
- The rewarding work of supporting families in crisis for my full time work.
- Day trips to the beach and local pools with my family to cool off.
- Continuing to build on my priorities and mission statement .
MONTHLY GOALS FOR August
- Daily bible reading from The Daily Message
- Pray for my husband, children, and loved ones daily using the scripture God has given me.
- Take at least 3 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Intentional movement 5 days of the week (running at least 2 of those days).
- Be in bed by 11pm. Sleep at least 6 hours a night, with 7 hours being ideal.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily each evening.
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- Maintaining the decluttered areas
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby.
- Budget and track daily expenses using the free EveryDollar app.
- Continue with a blogging editorial calendar for the month! The Elite Blog Academy has been super helpful in helping organize all my ideas so that my editorial calendar is a cinch to plan.
- Post at least once a week on my blog for the summer (UPDATED)
- Write 500 words a day (NEW)
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some goals that you have for August?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.