Writing down monthly goals has helped me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in.
Going over how I’ve done in the previous month also helps me make adjustments and reconsider some of the goals. Here’s how I did on the goals set in January:
- Since my husband has been job searching, he’s available to take all 3 kids to school in the morning. This has been such a wonderful blessing. I now have quiet time after I send them out the door but before I have to go to work!
- Our church small groups have actually been on break and they’re starting up again in February.
- I’m maintaining my fitness activities – running or doing videos from YouTube on my days off and walking over 2 miles on days that I work.
- I’m sleeping 6 hours a night and writing 3 things I’m grateful for most days.
- No date nights with hubby or the kids in January. We’ll have to write them down on the calendar!
- Meal plans – check! They’re nothing fancy, but they’re planned ahead of time and it reduces so much stress.
- We’ve been working a little bit in the basement together and separately. Here’s the current state of the basement decluttering project.
- I haven’t touched the paint – it’ll stay on the February Goals list.
- I posted 7 times in January – and did my first sponsored post!
- I still don’t have my blogging life organized, but I’m determined to try my hand at an editorial calendar.
January’s Top 3 List:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
Top 3 Posts in January
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Basement Clutter Reveal
Top 3 Things I was Grateful for in January
- Quiet times in the morning
- Being debt free so that our reduced income isn’t quite as scary.
- People who shovel their sidewalks!
MONTHLY GOALS FOR February
- Continue to follow my 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
- Pray for my husband and children daily using these prayer calendars
- Continue to ask God for specific verses to pray for my husband and children individually
- Take 10 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Check out a small group in our church.
- Exercise 5 days (running at least 2 of those days if possible with the weather).
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- Maintaining the decluttered areas
- Painting one of the boys’ bedrooms. I have the paint – I just have to do it! (NEW-ish)
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby. We’re planning on tackling the basement with renewed vigor in the new year.
- Budget and track daily expenses using the free EveryDollar app. (NEW)
- Get organized with a blogging editorial calendar for the month! (NEW – ish)
- Post at least twice a week on my blog
- Develop longer pieces I’m working on to submit to various online sites (NEW-ish)
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some goals that you have for February?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.