I’ve been writing down monthly intentions or goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits.
Recap of Intentions in December
Things that were challenging in December: tracking expenses, working in the basement with my husband.
Things that went well in December: getting at least 6 hours of sleep at night, my morning routine, making our bed, meal planning, keeping my gratitude journal, 1:1 dates with my sons, date nights, and running or doing a fitness video.
Happy New Year!
I’ve been waiting to write this post figuring that I would write down my New Years Resolutions for 2017. I’m not sure I’ll have any though…2017 has started slowly. I don’t feel a huge rush of excitement to plan ways of improving in all areas of my life.
There are lots of days where I am moving slowly, and I’m letting myself move at the pace that it seems to need. I’m trying to be more intuitive and follow the direction of my body and my heart.
I do have a word for this year for the first time. It just resonated with me and I knew that would be my word for the year.
I do want to continue with the habits that are listed below. Two that will continue to need special focus is decluttering the basement with my husband, and budgeting. Budgeting was my one and only 2016 resolution. Tracking expenses is still a challenge and this is definitely something that we will continue working on in 2017.
December’s Top 3 List:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN DECEMBER:
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- The Secret to Decluttering
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN DECEMBER:
- Spending a week with my family during the Christmas and Hanukkah holiday.
- Options for other school settings for my youngest for next year.
- Seeing friends over the holidays that we don’t normally see.
- Date night with hubby- this may even become a twice a month thing now that we can use my oldest son as the babysitter! We’ve also starting streaming $1 movies through VidAngel . We used to use Redbox, but the convenience of not having to go out of the house to return the movie, is awesome.
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some monthly intentions that you have for January?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.
FREE 7 Day Decluttering Course
If you want a SLOW but STEADY method to declutter this year, this is the course for you! Sign up for seven days of:
- Step-by-step guidance
- Tools and
- Renewed motivation to declutter at your own pace. Find what works for you!