I’ve been writing down monthly goals to help me focus in on what is important. Many of the things listed are daily habits I’m seeking to maintain or grow in. The goal is not to obtain perfection, but to make steady progress…and months when there isn’t any progress, to give myself grace and start again the next month. That is my hope for you too as you strive to implement daily/weekly/monthly habits.
RECAP OF GOALS IN September
Things that were challenging in September: running twice a week (I’ve started running at least once a week, and hope to get up to twice a week again now that the weather is SO much cooler!) , decluttering in our basement, meal planning (hubby did most of the cooking during the first two weeks of September without a meal plan), and blogging! I’m starting to get back in the swing of a blogging routine, especially after I stopped working full-time in the middle of September.
Things that went well in September: my morning routine, making our bed, keeping my gratitude journal, getting at least six hours of sleep, tracking expenses, and dates with my husband. We actually got out for dates twice this month! Woo hoo! It was our 18th wedding anniversary in September so that was one reason we made time to focus on us time.
Fall…Oh How I love thee!
As a California transplant to the East Coast. I love Fall and Spring – the moderate temperatures make it so lovely to be outside.
Fall along with the children going back to school also feels like a fresh start – a new year for me as well. I find myself dreaming and planning for the additional hours of solitude. How will I fill them in a purposeful and meaningful way?
One of the things that I’m finishing up this Fall is my very first e-book! I hope to have it completely written and laid out in October, launching in November. I can’t wait to share it with you guys! It’s a combination of things I’ve learned about habit formation and the topics I write about here on the blog. Stay tuned for more details!
September’S TOP 3 LIST:
As part of these monthly recaps and goals, I’m sharing the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month.
TOP 3 POSTS IN September
- 10 Lessons Learned After a Year of Decluttering
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners: Finding what Works for You
- Meal Planning for Beginners
TOP 3 THINGS I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IN September
- My oldest son’s smooth transition to 9th grade
- My youngest son easing into his new school, slowly but steadily.
- Consistent freelance work for my husband as I return to a part-time schedule.
MONTHLY GOALS FOR October
- Daily bible reading from The Daily Message
- Pray for my husband, children, and loved ones daily using the scripture God has given me.
- Take at least 3 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Intentional movement 5 days of the week (running at least 2 of those days).
- Be in bed by 11pm. Sleep at least 6 hours a night, with 7 hours being ideal.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily each evening.
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- Maintaining the decluttered areas
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby.
- Budget and track daily expenses using the free EveryDollar app.
WRITING & BLOGGING GOALS:
- Continue with a blogging editorial calendar for the month! The Elite Blog Academy has been super helpful in helping organize all my ideas so that my editorial calendar is a cinch to plan.
- Post at least once a week on my blog for October
- Write 500 words at least 3 times a week (daily is too much for me right now!)
- Complete my first e-book that I’m working on – more details to come!
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
What are some goals that you have for October?
This post shared at these lovely link ups.