November GOALS: HOW DID I DO?
November has been so busy. Not only with intentional daily decluttering with the minsgameBOSS, but also with high school applications/interviews/shadow days for my oldest son. If any of you live in urban areas where the process of choosing a school is more involved than sending them to your local public high school, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
So November was a month where I’m pretty sure I didn’t do the daily habits that I’m trying to instill more than not. I’m okay with that though because each day and each month is a new opportunity – a fresh start.What do you do when you don't meet your goals? Tomorrow's a new day. Try again Click To Tweet
- I did sleep at least 6 hours almost every night in November.
- I meal planned in November except this last week.
- There was much decluttering this month! My husband and I were able to spend a lot of time decluttering the basement together and solo during this minsgame challenge. As a family we got rid of over 1,000 items in our house. There was a lot of recycling and trash (particularly from the basement).
- I posted at least 2x/week for November.
- Hubby and I DID get a “get out of the house” date night in November. We did a babysitting exchange with our brother and sister-in-law. It was nice because the cousins had designated hang out time which doesn’t always happen outside of major holidays.
- We didn’t do our 1:1 times with our kids. I felt like I had a lot of 1:1 with my oldest with all the high school visits, but didn’t get to spend 1:1 time with my other 2 sons.
- I still need to schedule my mammogram.
- I did submit a new post to Huffington Post, which you may have read already on the blog. You can find the link to my articles on HuffPost further down.
- I didn’t do a guest post on another site, but will try again next month.
- I figured out Ahalogy. If you’re a blogger, trying to use Ahalogy, I found this video really helpful.
November’s Top 3 List
I thought it would be fun to share the top 3 posts and top 3 things I was grateful for this past month as part of these monthly recaps and goals.
Top 3 Posts for the Month:
- Meal Planning for Beginners
- Stress Free Meal Planning for Beginners
- Editing Clothes with the Konmari Method Part 1
Top 3 Things I was Grateful for this past month:
- Our new kitten, Simba. Simba is full of energy and cuteness. Check him out on Instagram
- The crisp, bright mornings of Fall
- Watching my youngest sleep. He still has a hint of baby cheeks. It doesn’t get old.
- Continue to follow my 5x5x5 Bible Reading Plan
- Pray for my husband and children daily using these prayer calendars
- Take 10 slow, deep breaths in the morning. Silent prayer and meditation.
- Check out a small group in our church. We haven’t joined a small group in our new-ish local church and we’d like to. It’s complicated with kids – I’d love to hear how you handle it if you’re a family with young children. We used to host to solve that problem, but we don’t feel ready to host a group again yet.
- Prepare our hearts for Christmas. Celebrate Advent in a meaningful way.
- Exercise 5 days (running at least 2 of those days).
- Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
- Write down 3 things I’m grateful for daily
- Continue family traditions that bring joy. Create memories with family this Christmas.
- Meal Plan dinner for the weeknights
- At least one mini decluttering project
- Work at least 15 minutes in the basement with hubby
- Post at least twice a week on my blog
- One guest post for the month on another person’s blog
- Contribute an old post on Huffington Post. I was so excited to become a contributor to Huffington Post. You can find my entries so far here.
- Date night with hubby (where we actually go out of the house together…without kids)
- One on one outings with each son.
- Self-care: schedule my annual mammogram
If I don’t write these self-care “to do’s” down, they will continually be pushed to the bottom of the list in the midst of all the other “to do’s”. I know other moms will know what I’m talking about!
What are some goals that you have for December?
This post will be shared at these fabulous link-ups.